The Act covers harassment in the online sphere including online sexual harassment and cyber-bullying, and makes unlawful stalking an offence. It provides the court with a wider range of sentencing options, with some offences now attracting imprisonment terms where appropriate, instead of merely fines under the Miscellaneous Offences (Public Order and Nuisance) Act.
The court may also issue community orders such as mandatory treatment orders for offenders who commit harassment due to an underlying mental condition.
Offences under the Act will also apply to acts committed outside Singapore, under certain conditions, to address harassment cases where the offender could be overseas. Harassers here of victims outside Singapore will also be liable.
Word or gesture intended to insult the modesty of a woman
509. Whoever, intending to insult the modesty of any woman, utters any word, makes any sound or gesture, or exhibits any object, intending that such word or sound shall be heard, or that such gesture or object shall be seen by such woman, or intrudes upon the privacy of such woman, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine, or with both.
[Indian PC 1860, s. 509]
Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Home Affairs & Ministry of National Development Deputy
Leader of the House
Ministry of Home Affairs
New Phoenix Park
28 Irrawaddy Road
Ministry of National Development
5 Maxwell Road
Tower Block MND Complex
Jul 21, 2016, 5:00 am SGT
Posted 20 Jul 2016 18:41
In April, Senior Minister of State for Home Affairs Desmond Lee said the Computer Misuse and Cybersecurity Act will be amended. MHA said it will also review laws such as the Criminal Procedure Code.
CHAT NAME / ID : NADA / 8943733700 : PS >>> PHONESEX
CHAT NAME / ID : D / 4850990800 : WANNA PS > PHONESEX
DO YOU HAVENT HEARD THAT IN SINGAPORE ? IT STAND FOR PHONE SEX , GORGEUS
REASON : NO I DONT , SO EACH TIME I ADD FRIEND OR BEETALK OR ANY MEDIA I ALWAYS USE CODE LIKE (PS ) SO GALS WONT MISUNDERSTANDING ME .
GAL TALKING ABOUT RESPECT / SEXUAL HARASSMENT / INSULT >>> TIS JOKER JUSTIFY HIS REASONS WHY HE USE SHORTFORM ( PS ) IN GAL INBOX MESSAGE .
IM NOT FROM SINGAPORE / I DONT HAVE A (LIFE ) IN ACTUAL LIFE .
IM NOT SINGAPOREAN
CHAT NAME / ID : MANOFSTEEL / ANSAFND : NAK MANJA DENGAN U >>> TRYING TO BE FLIRT WITH GAL ONLINE
CHAT NAME / ID : (FAKE LADY PROFILE ) >>> 8867852900 895.3KM AWAY
Ketua Polis Negara : email@example.com
Timbalan Ketua Polis Negara : firstname.lastname@example.org
Pengarah KDN/KA : email@example.com
Pengarah Pengurusan : firstname.lastname@example.org
Pengarah JSJ : email@example.com
Pengarah JSJK : firstname.lastname@example.org
Pengarah JPJKK : email@example.com
Pengarah JSJN : firstname.lastname@example.org
Pengarah StaRT : email@example.com
Pengarah Cawangan Khas : firstname.lastname@example.org
Pengarah JIPS : email@example.com
Ketua Komunikasi Korporat PDRM : firstname.lastname@example.org
Prohibition on provision of offensive content 211.
(1) No content applications service provider, or other person
using a content applications service, shall provide content which
is indecent, obscene, false, menacing, or offensive in character
with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person.
(2) A person who contravenes subsection (1) commit s an offence and shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding fifty thousand ringgit or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year or to both and shall also be liable to a further fine of one thousand ringgit for every day or part of a day during which the offence is continued after conviction.
Improper use of network facilities or network service, etc. 233.
(1) A person who—(a) by means of any network facilities or network service or applications service knowingly—
(i) makes, creates or solicits; and (ii) initiates the transmission of,
any comment, request, suggestion or other communication
which is obscene, indecent, false, menacing or offensive in character with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass another person; or
(b) initiates a communication using any applications service, whether continuously, repeatedly or otherwise, during which communication may or may not ensue, with or without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person at any number
or electronic address, commits an offence.
(2) A person who knowingly— (a) by means of a network service or applications service provides any obscene communication for commercial purposes to any person; or (b) permits a network service or applications service under the person’s control to be used for an activity described in paragraph (a) ,commits an offence.
(3) A person who commits an offence under this section shall,
on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding fifty thousand
ringgit or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year or
to both and shall also be liable to a further fine of one thousand
ringgit for every day during which the offence is continued after
CHAT NAME / ID : Arianda / 8945241100 >>> CyberSex at 443am Seriously ????
CHAT NAME / ID : Akim / 8165379500 >>> CyberSex at 450am Seriously ???? >> 515am End
CHAT NAME / ID : Rj / 8879115300 >>> PhoneSex at 535am Seriously ????
CHAT NAME / ID : (Fake Lady Profile ) at 547am ????
Syioo / 892489900 / 1323Km away / Banten
CHAT NAME / ID : 1Miezall7 ( U mind If I notty ) at 605am Seriously ????